[OM] ebay: 65-200/4 zuiko zoom. advice?

Subject: [OM] ebay: 65-200/4 zuiko zoom. advice?
From: "Daniel Tan" <daniel.tan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:04:02 +1000
Hi all.
I came across this lens a while ago and have been exchanging emails with
the seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2946757060&categor
y=3344
Now the problem is, there is a sort of "smudge" on the inside of the
rear lens element. The seller has no idea how it got there, or what it
is. Apparently it is very even and stretches from one edge of the
element to the other. She doesn't think it is fungus (too even) or a
fingerprint (ditto). Does anybody have any ideas on what it is?
She offered "If it needs cleaning inside I will have it done or I give
an appropriate refund." Do you think it's worth bidding on? I've heard
of lenses losing coats after they've been cleaned.
The auction ends in 2 hrs, so I'd appreciate a quick answer :-D

Regards
Daniel