Re: [OM] Price of an M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Price of an M-1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:39:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Richard F. Man wrote:

> First of all, congrat. to Mark for yet another M-1. It's a beauty.

Thanks.  The instruction manual is what I was really after, the M-1 is a later
production model and in only average condition.

>                                                                       I know
> the "right" price is what one is willing to pay. This last M-1 went for
> $455, which is actually only ~$30 higher than my initial bid (don't do
> sniping myself). I could have put in a higher bid at the last minute, but I
> didn't want to jack it up any more for Mark or others bidding. Anyway, is
> ~$450 a good price for an M-1? If I get one, I would use it, and definitely
> not put it on the shelf. I know in that case, I could get an OM-1 for about
> $100-$125, but the idea of using an M-1 has its appeal...

Prices for M-1's are all over the place.  As with any collectible item, it's
only worth what people are willing to pay at that time.  I've seen M-1 bodies
sell for as little as $250 and as high as $1800!  The $400-$500 range is
about average, but with a little patience and some bargain hunting one can
be had for lower.  The M-1's aren't as rare as some people will have you
believe.
                                -mark