Re: [OM] pinhole focal length

Subject: Re: [OM] pinhole focal length
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:10:35 +1000
The definitive list - with Leica in its rightful place? :)
You'll not that Nikon is not 50mm - but you may have to make allowance for where the pinhole will lie in relation to the lens mount surface. If using a modified body cap, for instance, it may be a mm or 2 in front of the actual flange.

Leica (screw)      28.8 mm      Leica (M bayonet)       27.8mm
Canon (screw)      28.8 mm      Canon (FD and earlier)  42.1 mm
Nikon              46.5 mm      Minolta                 43.5 mm
Pentax K           45.5 mm      Exacta                  44.7 mm
Alpa Bayonet       37.8 mm      Contarex                46.0mm
Contax RTS         45.5 mm      Ikarex BM               44.7mm
Konica Autoreflex  40.5 mm      Miranda                 31.5mm (41.5 mm?)
Olympus OM         46.0 mm      Praktica/Pentax *       45.5 mm
Petri Bayonet      45.5 mm      Ricoh Bayonet           45.5mm
Rollei 35          44.7 mm      Topcon DM               44.7 mm
Voigtlander        44.7 mm      Yashika FR, FX          45.5

Olympus is 46mm from film plane to the flange I believe.

Dan