Re: [OM] MC vs SC

Subject: Re: [OM] MC vs SC
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:30:25 +1200
Hello everybody

Below is a copy of a letter ( #2) Gary Reese wrote to the list but which for
some strange reason never made it onto the server. Brian Swale

Date sent:              Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:36:52 -0700
From:                   Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

OK, here is one of two more I wrote recently:

*****************************

Julian D writes:

<< BTW the 200/5 hasn't featured in this discussion yet!!! I've heard of MC of
this, but not seen one. >>

I sold one to Angel. The same rules apply: MC or Zuiko = multicoated. Both
ID ring marking exist, as do chrome and black snouts, the latter in both the
SC and MC examples. Total production on multicoated examples appears to
be 2000 and the SC versions 22,000 (to 32K?).

So, as mentioned before on this list, the MC versions are one of the rarer
lens variations produced in the OM System. I have a hunch that those
marked just Zuiko are VERY rare.  But excessive splitting doesn't
necessarily means higher collector value to the variants.  Check out
Sartorius's Le*ca rarity grades vs. auction prices and you'll find that not
everyone buys into them.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV