Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed. Was: Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Po

Subject: Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed. Was: Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Portrait shots
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:14:07 -0400
Use archival grade 7 slot notebook style film strip holders. These are clear and suited for direct scanning. Have film developed, but not cut at local processor (36 - $1.55). Cut and insert into slots of sheet. Place on scanner and scan at 500 dpi (roughly sq.rt of 2n for laserprinter with 300dpi). Print (color file) with LaserWriter with PhotoGrade. Use 92 bright / 20# stock. For individual shots, place film strip in film strip holder designed for scanner. Nothing very fancy, but low cost, quick and VERY good reproduction. Tried printing with Photo Inkjet and for a host of reasons, not nearly as good for proofing. I save the file as color to a CDROM. Can always review and enlarge an individual frame on the monitor.
Regards,
Bill