RE: [OM] problem zuiko??

Subject: RE: [OM] problem zuiko??
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:33:44 +1000
> From: Richard Smith [mailto:rsmith@xxxxxxxx]
> What is the problem with the Zuiko 35mm f/2.8 (single-coated)
> lens?  I saw it on a list of lenses to avoid.  Thanks.

I'll be a fly in the ointment and say I intensely dislike
mine - we're not on speaking terms and I know him as The
Evil Child.

HOWEVER (that shout's intentional), my recent experience at
the hut reveals to me that we just have differences of opinion
in certain areas, and that it's not a problem with the lens.
It's certainly sharp enough (clearly I'm recalling early incidents
of camera-shake to form part of my opinion). My problem
unfortunately seems to lie with my own abilities with this
focal length. Now I'm worrying about TOPE 15 (because I was
relying on my recent experience).

I'll stick with the Golden Child (50/1.4) and be happy. The
35/2.8 is a compact and solid little bugger though.

Anyone know of any landmarks in Sydney to shoot? ;-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz