[OM] OM and Pentax compatibility for eyepiece accessories

Subject: [OM] OM and Pentax compatibility for eyepiece accessories
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:45:04 -0400
Paul said:
I think the Pentax eyepiece accessories that fit are the Pentax 'M' series, not the 'K', though. Besides the eyecup, I recall they have a very nice right angle finder that doesn't reverse the image like the Varimagni does.
What I meant was Pentax cameras which have the K lens mount. The M and other series do have K mounts. The only Pentax I have is a P3 which has a K mount and the OM third party eyecup fits as well there as on the OM's. I haven't tried the genuine Oly eyecup on the Pentax. But take it all with a grain of salt since a Pentax expert I am not. I'll have to check out the Pentax right angle finder. I hate the reversal in the Varimagni.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA