RE: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos

Subject: RE: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:24:48 +0200
Hi all,

>The seller confirmed that it "IS" a MC, based on "all zuikos were
>multicoated after the silvernoses".

I'm afraid that's wrong, silvernose has nothing to do with the coating --
some lenses were MC even from the silvernosed samples (eg. the fast wides)
and some were SC though blacknosed.

>The serial no. is #350XXX, marked as E-Zuiko Auto-T 1:3.5 f=135mm

The 'E-Zuiko' marking leaves no doubt: it's SC. BTW, my oldest 135/3.5
(with the same markings and the aforementioned flare problems) is #358xxx.

I agree with Tom and John, I'm afraid there wasn't MC version of the
135/3.5 :-(

Best regards,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>