Re: [OM] I might jump off the OM ship..

Subject: Re: [OM] I might jump off the OM ship..
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:48:03 -0700
At 02:27 PM 8/20/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
Well,

I am unhappy with the meter in my Om1n. My composition is what it is, but I'd like a little bit more help from the meter as far as exposure..

WHat happens to the sharpness issue and the wish to get a MF :-) ?

The answer is neither. At least, not yet. Albert, unless your OM1's meter is totally whacked, I think what you need to do is to understand the metering system, Certainly, to use the OM3/4 multi-spot system, it requires more thinking, not less. And giving up to rely on some programmed system altogether is.... well, unwise.

So what do I mean? First of all, understand what "correct" exposure means for that meter. It means the meter sees an 18 0ray in its metering patterns. Second, what is the metering area and pattern?

Knowing those two things, and being able to tell how far off a metered scene is from the 18 0ray, you will then have no exposure problem.

Honest.