[OM] praises for the RC again

Subject: [OM] praises for the RC again
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:00:15 -0300
I got back today 4 rolls of 36 exp. Portra 400, which were the engagement
photos I took last week of my son and his fiance. Two rolls were taken with
OM's, an OM10 and an OM2000 (the OM's I had empty that day), and all with
Zuikos of course - the 35/2.8, 50/1.8, 100/2.8, 135/2.8. A third roll was
taken with the Olympus Epic/2.8, and the 4th roll with the Olympus 35RC.

 I got double prints of them all. Before I got a chance to look at them, the
family had neatly sorted, shuffled, and seperated the doubles into just two
stacks, from all four rolls! "O Great" I thought, a bit disgusted at fiirst.
But it turned out to be a neat exercise for me, guessing which ones were
taken with which camera. Of course I could remember some of them from having
taken them, but still, on the ones I couldn't remember, I had no problem
picking out many of the ones taken with the 35RC. They are just sharper/more
contrasty/whatever?, but in my opinion just a bit nicer. And this is just on
4x6 prints. Okay, I know I keep beating on this, but if you don't have a
35RC yet, well IMO you're missing something in the lineup of Olympus :-)

Wayne

PS   Yes, but I want to shoot another roll or two at a different location
some day, and after that may post some. Also, I haven't got back the B&W
roll yet, shot on OM1n.