[OM] The Evil Child Vs. TOPE 15

Subject: [OM] The Evil Child Vs. TOPE 15
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:21:36 +1000
The Evil Child? That's my Zuiko 35/2.8 - a lens that I got with an
OM40 a few years ago, and one which was the only one of three to
survive fungus. In hindsight, I should probably have questioned
that - was the Evil Child breathing heavy on the other two? I
wouldn't put it past him, though one was a 'Cosina' Zuiko, which
may have been sent in to terminate, and could only complete its
mission by negative-qualitative infection of the 35/2.8 (Okay, I've
just got back from seeing T3 at the movies. Sue me!)

Anyway, up at The Hut this last weekend, the 35/2.8 was the sole
attachment to the OM1. Will it succeed in my mission to complete
TOPE 15, or shall I have to perform percussive maintenance on
its cursed, elemental soul, radiation or not? All previous
attempts to extort some level of adequacy from its optics
have been thwarted by its (ITS - NOT MINE, I TELL YOU!) stubborn
refusal.

It blames me - I blame it. We'll both immolate each other on
a pyre of abdication should it/I fail. We shall see tomorrow -
my C41 B&W prints will be returned, and thus it will be
decided whether the deradiation tool is required.

I'll even let the Golden One (the Zuiko 50/1.4) watch, so it
knows it's in favour (for now).

[insert insane laughter]

Cheers
The Decontaminator/Abdicator