Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll

Subject: Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:57:42 -0700
Skip,

No argument here. My point being that for some folks, (myself included) battery power is indeed an issue. That it is easier to carry more film than it is to carry more of the large batteries needed by some digital cameras. And that the battery argument, is more than a nonsenisical or trivial issue., it is a valid concern in some cases and well worth considering prior to buying a digital camera.

One thing that I did not add, is that you can (at this point in time) find some kind of film most places you travel, but not always the correct battery for your digital camera.

For a lot of my shooting it is unlikely that a digital camera will replace my film cameras, but if a digital were to be able to do that, it will have to address the bvattery consumption issue.

Jim

Skip Williams wrote:

Jim,

All valid points, but 990f users aren't away from power for more than a few
hours, let alone 10 days.  And one set of spare batteries to cover those few
hours isn't much of a hassle or weight penalty.  Many digital cameras are
indeed battery hogs.  But my Canon G2 will live for a couple of days on one
lithium, rechargable battery and the other one only weighs a few ounces.

For those away from power for extended periods (with no need to remotely send
images somewhere else), no digital beats a film-based P&S or mechanical camera
+ a couple of extra batteries.
Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost