RE: [OM] Lightweight travel kit - Bob's kit C?

Subject: RE: [OM] Lightweight travel kit - Bob's kit C?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:27:08 -0600
This hits a little close to home. I used to climb with Boyd Norton in the
60's when he worked here as a nuclear physicist. He usually carried about as
much photo gear as shown in the picture.......way too much. He decided
writing and photography were more fun than herding neutrons and went full
time in the 1970's. He has published books and photos worldwide and has been
based in Evergreen Colorado for many years. He wrote an excellent book on
mountaineering photography.  He has aged some since the last picture I've
seen. I suspect he would say the same about me. /jim