Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll

Subject: Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:46:34 +0100
Nope. My interest, such as it is, is geek-dom.

I already think these things are better than film for a host of uses, most
of which are time-critical. It was interesting seeing the big C*n*ns and
N*k*ns (fewer of the latter) at the Tour de France this year. I didn't note
everything that every snapper was carrying, but saw no recognisable film
cameras (I know at least two of them are still shooting film, though). The
weekly mags are now able to get an extra day's stage in before press time,
because they have the shots right away.

I'm in the middle of working my way through 10 rolls of Provia 100F (found
another two in a bag pocket along with a roll of K25, sent them off on
Tuesday..!), scanning some for the website and some for my own interest. One
or two might be worth printing, in which case I'll have them wet-printed to
a decent size. Others less worthy can be printed up to A4 on the inkjet. But
the scans will never be as good as the slides. Maybe in my future there will
be a better scanner (using a Scanwit), but at the moment I'm broke (I've
said this before; but I am still broke).

I doubt I'll ever switch completely to digital. I simply don't trust the
storage media.

D.

Donald Neil MacDonald, BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com