RE: [OM] Re: off white of electron emitting lens elements

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: off white of electron emitting lens elements
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:20:33 -0600
The Three-Mile Island accident caused a little puff of tritium gas which was
dissipated almost instantly. Any effect on the population was emotional and
was caused by sensationalist journalists. The only disaster was of a
financial nature and that has caused major damage to the civilian nuclear
power program. I was talking to a lady from Pennsylvania last year and she
said something about the thousands of people that died from that accident.
She really believed that and called me a liar when I told her that there
were no fatalities and no radiation related illnesses. Ahhhh the power of
the press. They don't even have to make false claims, just the implication
that something could possible happen is all it takes. /jim