Re: [OM] Carry that Camera 24/7

Subject: Re: [OM] Carry that Camera 24/7
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:55:34 +0100
Great Rich!

How satisfying for you. There are so many times when I wish I had stopped to take a photo...

Chris

On Sunday, Aug 10, 2003, at 07:20 Europe/London, Rich wrote:

Hi Zuiks,

Went out to the country to visit an ailing cousin this afternoon. At the door, I thought to grab the XA, as I wanted both to finish off the roll and to have something Oly with me "just in case." On the way home, wow, a flock of big fat Canada geese feeding RIGHT beside the road, maybe 10 yards/meters out, in a farm field near downtown Sumner (in the Puyallup Valley on top of an old lahar or mudflow from Mt. Rainier, with "Volcano Evacuation Route" signs all over). Pulled over, backed up, expecting them to spook. Several were on full alert, heads up, necks straight, intently checking me out. It takes only one to sound the alert, and you're outa luck. They stood their ground. Obviously locals, used to being around people. A migrating flock (too early for that anyway) would never land there or be so approachable. I managed to roll down the passenger window, lean over and get a "grab shot" at about 1/125th. Fun. While these are not exactly wild animals, having taken up residence amongst the farms, lakes, and few remaining undeveloped spots in the midst of all this civilization, I knew better than to open the door, and was grateful for that smooth, quiet, XA shutter. What a sweet,
handy little camera.

Carry those cameras. You never know what life will offer up to you. That
one shot made my Oly day.

Rich

P.S. (How many of you can pronounce Puyallup properly? It's Pew Al Up, with accent on the 2nd syllable. This is one way we pick out the Californians
attempting to "pass" amongst us...:-))
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.