Re: [OM] Pure, unabashed self promotion with redeeming OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Pure, unabashed self promotion with redeeming OM content
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:03:26 -0400
In a message dated 8/10/2003 1:31:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'd suggest getting at least one of every OM lens, but
> you're well along on
> that one too...

Not a bad idea, however the "Big Whites" have never called to me. I had a full
circle Nikkor in another life, so the Zuiko 8mm isn't speaking to me and quite
frankly there have been a few third party lens that I preferred over the Zuiko
versions of the same or similar focal lengths.  Lets see, the Tamron 24-48mm,
80-200mm f2.8, 180mm f2.5, a case could be made for the 90mm f2.5 even if you
love the 90mm Zuiko (which I do), the 300mm f2.8 & 400mm f4 to mention a few.
Now a challenge that I might take up is to get a black version of all the
single digit OMs (except for the M1, which like the "Big Whites", is way out of
whack in the value for dollars spent department and didn't come in black
anyway).  I am currently missing two of them, the OM 1, which should be easy to
find and the OM 3T which will present more of a challenge, especially when you
factor in my need for value in acquisition. I will wait patiently and one will
show up at the "right" price one day after the histeria has passed.  In the
mean time, I'll be content to burn a lot of film and stash a few bucks away for
the day the digital bug bites.  Olympus has offered something that is
moderately tempting, however if I went that way, the $8,000 lens would start
calling to me and that amount of money is crazy. Oh well . . .  Bill Barber