Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens / camera operation and sharpness of the image on fi

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens / camera operation and sharpness of the image on film. (...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 08:52:13 EDT
Brian,  My read on it is this:
1) I've seen some of your work first hand and what I've seen is tack sharp.
2) We are both at the age that eyes start to go and that may contribute to it
a bit.  It is the eyes isn't it?  It is hard to remember exactly what it is
that goes.  When I was a young man I couldn't go past a water fountain without
getting a drink, as I've gained a few years, it is hard to pass a urinal
without going.  That may be the going thing I was trying to remember.
3) IMHO a photograph which is scanned and then posted on the Internet is
never nearly as sharp as one that has only gone through one generation of
processing (negative to print).
4) One day I may go to digital. I don't want anyone to start salivating
thinking about the Olympus/Zuiko stuff that would come on the market because
that
day is not here yet.  When you put yourself in the company of others who are
using digital it is hard not to be impressed with some of the results they get
with digital capture.  I can be out there with my tack sharp macro Zuiko setup
and they are working with there not so state of the art Can*n D60, take and
slap a diopter on the front of their auto focus lens and absolutely produce
some
"knock your socks" off results. Not that mine is not good, but they don't
suffer by not having a bellows, expensive macro lens and more cumbersome rig.

Bill Barber