Re: [OM] Damage & Getting the Shot (was Best way to see dust in the lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Damage & Getting the Shot (was Best way to see dust in the lens?)
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:52:12 -0400
Rich,
Thanks for the discussion about Moonrise.  Unfortunately, that link shows a
great example of much is lost when a magnificent B&W photo is put on the web.

Campers, if you've never seen a B&W print by one of the f64 crowd like
Cunningham, Smith, one of the Westons, Adams, etc., you have no idea how great
it can be.

Don't judge this image by the Eastman House'es web page.  I don't think it has
a D-max, for starters.

Lookinng at this thing on my monitor is like seeing the Mona Lisa under
fluorescent light.  It's a fish out of water.  If you haven't seen it, go to a
big public library and bring your childlike sense of awe.

Lama

> From: "Rich" <deepkeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In some cases, however, even he worked fast to get the