[OM] Rant on "collectors"

Subject: [OM] Rant on "collectors"
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:32:56 -0400
Rant on "Collectors":

I sold a Zoom Adapter to a guy who complained that it wasn't in perfect
condition.  I returned all of his money immediately.  I
wasn't about to haggle with him and here's why:

1.  The ad didn't say it was Mint.

2.  He objected to a "chip" missing where the lip slides over the T32.  He was
unaware that there's a similar "chip" missing in all
of the other 3 corners and that it's a design feature called "a taper" to allow
the user to mount the thing easily.  I checked the
corners carefully.  The corners really ARE mint.

3.  The fresnel lens has a smudge on it.  He was concerned that "the optics"
weren't good enough, therefore.

Apparently he thinks the image passes through the fresnel lens of the Zoom
Adapter on its way to the film plane?????

He wondered if I wrote the ad KNOWING these things were wrong or perhaps I was
unaware that I was passing off bad equipment.  He
wanted my input before he left feedback.  (hint)

And you guys think *I* have an attitude problem?  :)

Lama