Re: [OM] Olympus America's goofs on eBay - from [Gary Reese <pcacala@ear

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus America's goofs on eBay - from [Gary Reese <pcacala@earthlink.n
From: "Jeffrey Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:16:38 -0700
It looks like probably at least 3 bidders mistook what Olympus America was selling. Nor is Olympus America the first one to mishandle the T28/T28 adapter. I've seen other auctions not that long ago with insane prices for both the adapter and the flash heads without the adapter.

My closest first hand experience was with KEH who sold a single head T28 as a dual head T28 but included a T10 thinking it was the T28 adapter (which was already on the T28).
-jeff

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:34:08 -0700
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Olympus America eBay auctions are getting mishandled. Three items
got
pulled on July 23 because they were no longer available for sale. A
buyer
mistook auction 2941114185 for a T28 Twin Flash as getting everything
pictured (a T Power Control 1 and a Macro Shoe Ring). Explains why it
went
for $310 when John Hermanson could go down the road and still get one
for
$239.00  Jonequinn is going nuts paying $1,025 on a 50mm f/2.  Good
grief!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV