RE: [OM] Another travel kit type question

Subject: RE: [OM] Another travel kit type question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:21:17 +0100
I am pretty sure that Sirius is also marketed as Samyang, Exakta and maybe
also Soligor.
I have had an 18-28 in the Sirius guise, and while it is no Zuiko in terms
of cosmetics (design and finish), nor in terms of size and weight, and it
also focuses the wrong way, it is very usable as an intro to ultra-wide
lenses.  You may well find that you don't use the zoom much, keeping it at
18mm, which will give you a clue as to which of the 16/18/21 Zuiko you
really need.
GBP59 sounds an OK price, such that when you are done with it you could sell
on for a good fraction of what you paid.
Oh, did I mention the optical performance?  You will find that the image
brightness drops considerably into the corners, for starters - don't try
photos of plain white walls.

Piers