[OM] [OT] Need your opinion on this

Subject: [OM] [OT] Need your opinion on this
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
Sorry for the OT, but I am still learning about this country and am very
clueless.
No, I am not in trouble, but someone else is and it seems that has found ways
to get out of it.
Back in May 2001 I went to a reputable (I mean as reputable the used car
dealerships go?) dealership and bought a car.  I was offered a warranty with it
for three years of 36K whichever comes first.  It is called Smart Choice 2000
and I had to pay $1000 to have it.
Here is all the legal info:
The administrator/obligor of this extended service agreement is SC&E
Administrative services, Inc.  The administrator?s obligation to perform under
this agreement is insured by National Warranty Insurance Company and reinsured
by Signet Star Reinsurance Company.  If a valid claim is not paid within 60
days, after you have filed a proof of loss clobbered by this vehicle service
agreement, then you may make a direct claim against National Warranty Insurance
Company.  I must also mention that NWIC also must authorize the repair
beforehand.
May 2003, the starter went caput and the car was sent to a VW dealer, but to my
surprise, the dealership refused to release the car at the end of the day, coz
no one paid the bill.  Getting on the top of things, I make calls to NWIC and
was told that they are third party and SC&E supply the funds, but they have not
done it within the last couple of days and was told to call them.  I called and
got a hold of a woman who after putting me on hold for about a minute told me
that everything is set and I should call back SC&E to get the money?She did not
even get my info?
Needless to say, I had to pay myself.
Up until this week the telephones at the SC&E were busy.  Now there is a
message that there is a court hearing on some island which name I do not
remember, but was told that the bad capitalists go there to avoid prosecution
and evade taxes.  Please, listen to the message if you get a
chance:1.800.334.8358.
I would like to tell me what you think about the following:
What happens if I do repairs before Aug 1st (when the court hearing is).  They
do provide an option for repair facilities to record their work.
Why on this island?
What are the chances that my warranty would be valid after that date?
Feel free to elaborate, I am sure that have not posted all the questions.
Thanks
Boris