Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde (anywhere) before it's too late....

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde (anywhere) before it's too late....
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:06:11 +1200
Hi Roger  et al,

I'd be a goer on this one if I could.

About 12 years ago Concorde did a few flights to New Zealand, and I went
out to the airport in Christchurch to watch the first one, from a suitable
roadside to the south.  I had my two kids with me at the time; pre-teens, and
for a change I decided to spare them the usual spectacle of me
concentrating on photography. So I left camera and tripod at home.

I've kicked myself ever since about that. It was an absolutely beautiful clear
morning, wonderful light, and we were perfectly positioned for 300mm shots
as Concorde did a huge circle around us prior to landing.

That plane looked so graceful and elegant as it did the circle it did.

Later visits were not in such good weather or with such good timing (the first
was 11am, Saturday morning).

Brian