Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:09:02 -0700
OK, I don't know if it's a great idea or not, but it forces me to admit one of my phobias. I have occasionally kept quiet when someone posts a WTB on something I could sell. I don't sell off my exess stuff like I should. And why? The Post Office. I live in a busy and postally under served area. A trip to the PO is simply one of the more uninteresting and sometimes unpleasant things I do. (No, in answer to your unstated question, I don't lead a bad life at all.) Driving isn't so bad, but parking is, and isn't free. Then there's that endless wait. One of the clerks is stunningly slow and last time I was there, she was the only window open. And she chatted with a buddy who is apparently a regular (in addition to being a Bezerkly 'character'). He was at the window for something like 12-15 minutes to send maybe 3-4 items! Other POs aren't too much further away, but it's all the same.

So the thought of any program that involves POs gives me the willies.

There, my dirty little secret is out. I feel much better now - until I have to go to the PO again.

I can apparently arrange to print my own postage and give parcels up to about 2 lbs. to my mail person, but last time I checked, it wasn't possible to do delivery confirmation that way.

A less than perfect,
   Moose

ok, so maybe it isn't such a good idea. that's why i posted the list, to see if it would work.