[OM] Re: [OMCameras] What OM is "best"?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OMCameras] What OM is "best"?
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:02:40 -0400
And the 2 or 2n for long night scenes...and the 3 for cold weather....

You really need one of each, with an extra one for backup....

tOM

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 9:57
Thomas Heide Clausen <OMCameras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You definitely want an OM1 for astrophoto. All-mechanical, and
> substantially cheaper than the -4 :)
>
> As for the difference between the -1 and the -4, well, there are
> plenty: the -4 is all-electronic, with multi-spot metering, digital
> viewfinder, apeture-priority auto-exposure, TTL-flash, ....
>
> The -4 and -1 are alltogether different beasts, although both
> beautiful and nice cameras :)
>

> --thomas
>

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:30:18 -0000
> "scopemanfl" <westwind101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I currently have an OM-10 which i am using for astrophotography,
> > but it is hard because I can not change out the mirror on the
> > OM-10. Only the OM 1 through 4's allow the mirror to be switched
> > out for a more specialized one. Which is the 'best' OM between 1
> > and 4, or are they all pretty much equal? Curious if they made any
> > big changes in those few years.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Kegan----  Abacurial Information Management Consultants ----
Tom A. Trottier, President              http://abacurial.com
758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-270-596-1042
        -- Benjamin Franklin