Re: [OM] Non OM Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] Non OM Fang
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:28:56 -0400
At 10:33 PM 7/12/03 -0400, Boris Grigorov wrote:

I picked up a bike that I knew it is worth more for the price of $15.26. It is made by Windsor. I need a favor. I cannot find any info about Windsor bikes on the net. Please, if you know anything about it, contact me off list. The only thing I ever found was that a bike shop is selling one very similar to mine for..are you ready? $900
I am curious abot the history of the company and their bike line.

Hi Boris,

Here's one blurb that I found with a quick search.

"Windsor"
This line of bicycles included a Cinelli-look pro bike..they were produced in Mexico in the 1970s and early 1980s. 2 models offered components packages, Campagnolo Nuovo Record (pictured) or Suntour. Similar models were made bearing the Carabela marque; the parent company of both appears to be Acer-Mex, a large domestic bicycle producer. The tubing was Columbus and the workmanship generally was very good. The lugs and seat stay attachment looked very like Cinelli's top models, but unlike Cinelli, the fork crown was an external box crown. Unfortunately, a few unethical owners have placed Cinelli decals on these bikes!

Later,
Johnny