Re: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)

Subject: Re: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:17:11 -0700
Hardly a fair test. Considering what went on with those Russian cameras, it's possible, perhaps even likely that there was no interior element coating at all. Even if they were all supposed to be coated, the factory manager could have been selling the ingredients rather than using them.

Moose

Albert wrote:

I think the qualifier is, "today's glass".

I had a folder Moskva 5 (Zeiss Super Ikonta knockoff) that I sold. The flare was so bad (as the coating wore off) that the image quality was next to worthless..