[OM] Lightining strikes twice

Subject: [OM] Lightining strikes twice
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:02:06 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

I just took delivery of a new chrome-body OM-2n purchased from our favorite auction site. It included a MC 50 f/1.4, and a Shoe 4 (not cracked). Included both the MD and battery cover. It even still has the "Passed" sticker, and the foam looks pretty good. It was sold "as is", since the shutter did not work.

Yep, you guessed it - no batteries. I inserted two new batteries, and it works fine now.

I think the dealer that I bought it from bought it at a yard sale, for practically nothing, so they're pretty happy to get $69 out of it.

This is the SECOND TIME I've purchase a "parts only" OM-2[n] that only needed batteries. It makes you wonder...