[OM] Fixed the TTL mode !

Subject: [OM] Fixed the TTL mode !
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:25:39 -0400
I bought my used T32 in a foreign city (Chicago) when I was traveling years
ago.  In my pre-Ebay naivety, I thought finding a used
T32 was amazing.

It worked fine in Full-powered Manual, what I call "Quarter-powered Manual",
and in all Normal Auto modes.

But it always quenched immediately (gross underexposure) in TTL mode.  It
failed in TTL mode on my old PC, my old 2n, my recently
sold 4, and my new PC.  I had a weak bristle brush (like what they include with
an electric razor) so I removed the TTL panel and
cleaned out the various pockets of lint.  I discharged it and removed the
batteries, then sprayed contact cleaner into the power
switch and worked it a few times.  Using a technician's swab, I cleaned up all
of the contacts several times with more contact
cleaner.

Now it works.  I suspect the lint behind the TTL panel was jamming a switch but
I don't have a schematic...... Anyway, I'm keeping
my fingers crossed that a proper cleaning every 25 years is all it takes.  Why
can't they make these things "maintenance-free"?  :)

Lama