RE: [OM] 250/2 alert

Subject: RE: [OM] 250/2 alert
From: Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
I've had some experience with this seller.  Listed was a Nikon LS4000
slide scanner with a starting bid of $9.95.  Here is the email
conversation I had with them:

Me: Can I bid on your scanner?  I don't know what it means to be on the
approved list.

Them: Sir wouldn't you want a buy it now price ?

Me: Thanks for your reply.  Maybe I would want a buy it now price.  How
much would that be?

Them: Hello Kurt, $800

Me: I think I'd rather start bidding at the starting bid for the scanner,
$9.95.

Me: I think $800 is a great price for the LS4000.  But I am not confident
I would get the scanner from an organization that uses some kind of script
or something to post dozens of items in a matter of minutes or seconds,
and then removes all of the auctions.

Them: Are you interested in buying sir in a secure way?

And that was the end of it.  Yes, fishy indeed!

Kurt