Re: [OM] Gee, we should be buying from Patricia, Marv, and Alfred!

Subject: Re: [OM] Gee, we should be buying from Patricia, Marv, and Alfred!
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:01:18 -0300
 >Tom Allbright wrote:

> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2938171625&c
> ategory=3344
>
> "For my part, .........
>
> HEEE!   HEEE!!!
>
>  - Tom
>
> (And WHAT is a CPC lens?  HQ like Sears and Penneys?)

I have a CPC 135/2.8 which I bought on epay NIB in my earlier days of this
disease. It is built quite rugged, but it always overexposed the pictures by
a stop or so. I suspect it may have been the way the levers were set. If you
remembered to compensate for that, it was quite sharp. I then bought a used
vivitar 135/2.8, which was somewhat better, and took a 55mm filter rather
than the odd 52mm of the CPC. Now I use a Zuiko 135/2.8, which I guess must
be better than either because it has the right name.
Wayne