Re: [OM] Scanning and printing testing

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning and printing testing
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:59:53 +0200
I would like to hear a few more details of what you did - image sizes
(pixel) etc...
Concerning upsampling, I read that it's better to do multiple small
upsamples than one big one; so increase image in 10 0ncrements.  I made an
experiment of a scan on my 600dpi flatbed of my thumbprint.  So an image
about 500x300.  I upsampled it in about a dozen steps to about 3000x2000 to
print 10x8 at 300 dpi and the results were astonishing!
br
jez