[OM] sticky DOF preview

Subject: [OM] sticky DOF preview
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:04:58 -0700
I just noticed that one of my lenses has a sticky DOF preview mechanism.
The little lever on the back of the lens that engages in the mount and
operates the stop down mechanism works fine. It will stop down the lens
and snap back to wide open when tripping the shutter. At least I assume
so as the viewfinder stays bright after the mirror flops back and
viewing with the back open the iris seems to be stopping down. However
when I push the DOF preview the lens stays stopped down until I bump the
little lever (yes I have to remove the lens). So I think it is just in
the DOF preview mechanism. How hard is this to fix? Is it a DIY project?
If it's a big deal I'll just live with it.

Mike