Re: [OM] Non-Hazy 65-200

Subject: Re: [OM] Non-Hazy 65-200
From: "Jan Sturm \(GMX\)" <jan.sturm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:25:45 +0200
mine's not hazy either. S/N 107xxx

Jan

Olaf Greve wrote:
Hi,

Hmm, to come back to this topic: during last weekend's air show (about which
more details will follow as soon as I have the slides) I exclusively used
this lens.

And... Mine is also free from haze! A while ago I read the assumption that
each 65-200/4 has a shady 2nd element. Well, mine doesn't (unless I'm going
blind and do not notice it).

I still deem this to be a marvellous lens, and I was glad to have a good use
for it again. I found the one-touch zoom design to be very effective for
acquiring the subject (typically fast flying jets) in the view-finder at
65mm, then to quickly zoom to 200mm and to adjust focus. This worked a
charm. Now, I have to see the pictures first to see if everything really
worked out as I hoped, but this type of shooting was quite comfortable.

Cheers!
Olafo