Re: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:48:55 -0700
I remember the thread, and I went and looked at the software mentioned...
IIRC, the software required multiple images, but could additively combine
the 'good' parts from several into one image that had more detail. It was
not making 'something from nothing' but rather taking the best parts of
several 'somethings' and making one 'super something' out of it.

This is similar to what you can do with Vuescan and multiple passes, to get
more dynamic range out of an image using multiple scans. In the case of the
star trails, I think there were multiple 30-second exposures combined to
produce the equivalent of one multiple-minute exposure without blowing out
the highlights. I would be interested in this software, but I think it only
works with Windoze, and I have a Mac.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...