RE: [OM] E1, 4/3 format and Foveon

Subject: RE: [OM] E1, 4/3 format and Foveon
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:38:02 +0800

I definitely will not invest on a DSLR without a good optical viewfinder!
Will never consider a electronic one.

> Somebody on this list mentioned that the Foveon sensor has a low
> pixel count. This is not really
> true, since Foveon counts a vertically stacked R+G+B "pixel" as
> one pixel while everybody else
> counts their R,G,B pixels individually. What is stored to disk is
> usually interpolated data still
> further muddying the "resolution".  For illustration a 3Meg
> Foveon chip would have 9Meg sensor
> pixels in everybody elses counting system, so they are at the
> higher end of resolution/pixel
> count. I would hate to be in Foveon's marketing dept and have to
> explain this everyday!

Check the reviews is better listen to what the manufacturer said, I got trap
by the Micr*tek sales people and bought a 6700 scanner that actually worth
1/3 of it price! Imaging resource suggest the SD9's resolution is less than
other 6MP DSLR:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD9/SD9A12.HTM

C.H.Ling