RE: [OM] In print

Subject: RE: [OM] In print
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:56:16 +1000
> Sam Shiell [mailto:Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Well golly-gosh,  I got a letter to a magazine printed, and
> got to be the Editor's choice no less.

Good stuff, Sam! I'm always "gonna" write a letter to the
editor, but never do (mostly because I struggle with that
"### words or less" bit :-) ).

Did you get anything for being "Editor's choice"?

> (If you're interested, the July edition of UK publication
> Photography Monthly - I'm just bemoaning the fact that you
> can't find a camera club that isn't tied up with competitions
> all the time, instead of just enjoying taking pics and sharing
> them).

There's a mob in Australia known as the "Australian Photographic
Society" (I don't know if anyone's had any actual experience
with them, but I'd appreciate opinions if they have). They are
associated with a pretty good mag' called "Australian Photography"
too. As part of membership they operate a "Folio" service for their
different divisions, whereby about 10 members circulate their
own photos via mail for comment and for commenting on (plus just
general talk). This, like our own TOPE and Solstice Exchanges,
seemed like a good idea to me (especially as it is also not
geographically restricted).

Still, like I say, if anyone has any experience with either the
Australian Photographic Society, or the above concept, I'd
be interested in hearing.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz