Re: [OM] A new picture. Look! Look!

Subject: Re: [OM] A new picture. Look! Look!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:08:02 -0400
Walt,

Very nice pictures -- and the size is better too.  On the web, you can't
really see the difference in quality, so smaller is better.

So, what's the trend here. Next we see you as a baby followed by pictures of
your birth?

Tom

Wife's gone to Texas for a family reunion.  I'm home alone, drinking beer
and playing music too loud.  Pissed off the cats, though.  Been messing
with the new scanner.  And drinking beer.  Just posted another old picture
on my new web site.  This one, as per Tom's suggestion, is the same size,
800x600, but at JPEG 90%, it's only a third the size of the other one.

I spent most of this really pleasant Sunday shooting up a 36-exp. roll of
Provia 100 with the new 90/2 Zuiko, and drinking beer -- did I mention that
already? -- and digging deep into boxes of really old stuff and plopping it
on the new scanner.  Wheee!  This is fun.

This photo was taken in 1948.  Wonder how much of today's digital stuff
will still be readable half a century from now.

http://home.att.net/~rockytopwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

I promise to stop now.  No more pictures of me from long, long ago.  But
it's kinda y'all's fault for encouraging me.

Walt