[OM] Olympus C50 digicam - teardown report (continued)

Subject: [OM] Olympus C50 digicam - teardown report (continued)
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:29:15 -0400
I found the datasheets mentioned in the teardown report:

Panasonic CCD Image Sensors, 2003:
<http://www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/cat/pdf/A00006HE.pdf>.

The MN39593 CCD has 2620 by 1984 lines, for a total of 5,198,080 effective
pixels, despite the claimed total of 5.36 M pixels.  The pixels are in a Bayer
filter pattern, so half will be green, a quarter will be red, and a quarter
will be blue.

I couldn't find the datasheet on the CCD itself, only the above summary of all
Panasonic CCDs.

App note on CCD front-end processing:
<http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/archives/34-06/imaging/index.html>.

Data sheet on the AD9846A front-end processor:
<http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/86219855AD9846A_0.pdf>.

The application note is fairly informative, albeit aimed at electrical
engineers.

Joe Gwinn

Ref: Page 12 of the 16 June 2003 issue of "Planet Analog"
(http://www.planetanalog.com/features/OEG20030618S0031) a supplement to EE
Times.