[OM] OT Beaver Bites Boat

Subject: [OM] OT Beaver Bites Boat
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:43:13 EDT
Mike wrote:
>All the flights to BC land here to clear customs. The port makes them
>land outside the harbor now. Too many cowboys and too loud. They used to
>start their take off run right from the dock and scatter the boats on
>the way out. On the way south they would clear the trees above our house
>by about 50' when the ceiling was low. They squawked about it because
>the taxi time was so long  (10min) and you can't keep those fishers
>waiting :>)

Yeah, been there, experienced that.  A zoo in summer.  Amazing there haven't
been more collisions over the years.  Ditto for L. Union, esp. on Duck Dodge
night.  I'm going up there (L. Union) right now, right after the Museum of
Flight (was raining - real rain, with lightning - yesterday).  Will also go up
Kenmore Air Harbor and get some Beaver shots if I can.  Biggest seaplane
harbor in the U.S. now.

Rich