Re: [OM] Pay attention to me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Pay attention to me!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:19:32 -0400
Sorry Walt, Saturday afternoon, so I'm a little behind. Had to go to the
Post Office to ship a list member a Like New 350/2.8 so he could use it on
his vacation. Such a life.

The first picture must be the one you mentioned (350MB!). So that's what you
look like, huh?  Still look just the same I'm sure. It's a classic shot --
you're just da man, aren't you :)

It really reminds me of the power of B&W.  Ag Schnozz (Ken) and I have been
emailing about it. I'm close to getting the kit and chemistry and teaching
my daughters the basics of developing techniques.  We'll stay 'current' and
then scan, rather than print, but there is something powerful, and
indefinable, about doing your own work.

Don't let building a webpage become overwhelming. There are good tools out
there that do the work for you. Most image editors (Photoshop, Elements,
etc.) will take all the shots in a directory and literally do the work.
They'll build thumbnails, resize the images, build all the buttons, etc.
I'm a computer nerd, so I find it fun, but many (most?) people don't.

My only suggestion is to make the image a little smaller in size.  You can
both shrink it's dimensions and reduce the JPG quality a little. I try to
keep my main images under 100K, preferably under 75K.  At 150K, it's at the
edge of a dialup users patience (a minute or so to load).

Keep'em coming Walt, we want to see them.

Tom

From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is anybody out there?