Re: [OM] Previous buyers -- satisfy my curiosity

Subject: Re: [OM] Previous buyers -- satisfy my curiosity
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:30:33 -0700
Tom:

If I were trying to be funny, I hope I could come up with better material than computer problems. I leave the acerbic, biting, candid, humorous, hyperbolic, salacious, and sardonic posts to list members who are gentlemen of the American South (and midwest), as they have more talent in this regard.

I was using Outlook Express and IE 6. First, it says "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed( It was, of course installed)." Then, it loaded 66 copies of IE (my new personal best!)

I switched to Netscape 7, and imported the mail from Outlook Express. Everything works fine from Netscape. Go figure.

BTW, I got your "octal" post. I learned machine language programing on a HP 2400 minicomputer, with genuine core memory (24k!). We used "split octal" notation, and keyed in the code using lighted switches on the front panel. The light is on, it's a "1", the light is off, it's a "0". Simple.

Obligatory OM content: re-organized the gadget bag - nothing but silver noses! I'll let their MC brethren sit on the shelf and stew for awhile...

Bill Stanke

Tom Scales wrote:
Boy, I sure hope you're not serious. If so, something is seriously messed up
on your machine.

Tom
who just earned MILLIONS on click throughs -- kidding, kidding.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>