[OM] re: viv 90f2.5

Subject: [OM] re: viv 90f2.5
From: "Fast Primes" <fast_primes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:18:55 -0400
Hi Alan,

I calls em as I sees em! Lenses are known to vary (sometimes significantly) from one to another. Also, my sample of the 100F2.0 Zuiko is better than my Canon 100F2.0FD and Contax G 90F2.8 lenses also, so it may be merely a particularly good specimen. Someone else stated yesterday, that they thought their Tamron 90 was sharper than the Zuiko 90, but that the Zuiko had better bokeh.

fast_primes

From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
While the viv 90f2.5 is far from perfect it was well reknown for resolution
and 'bookeh'. I find your comments rather surprising. If anything I would think
the area the 100f2 would differ would be in contrast...

Alan