Re: [OM] M-system 135/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] M-system 135/3.5
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:05:48 -0700
I agree, seems fairer...   the few times i've sniped i haven't felt good
about it and usually try to have an earlier bid in as kind of a warning that
i'm interested...  being down-under doesn't stop you from sniping/competing
though in the same way...  it would definitely change the dynamics if *bay
introduced the same policy and i'd vote for it.

RickM

Simon said:

> Actually Rick, I think it's quite good.

>Every auction I have every tried on e*bay has gotten sniped at the last
second. You just can't compete from the other side of the world.

>This way, the auction runs like a real auction. The highest bidder actually
will win.

> Just my $0.02

>> Rick said:

>> Noticed one interesting thing they have going on the site, that the
auction: "Auto-extends if bids placed in the last 5 mins."   Wonder what
would happen if e*ay introduced that, would really mess with sniping!