Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:06:02 -0300
A 260 pound bear was struck by the right front tire? Unless the car happened
to be motionless at the time my bet is that the car was a total write off
and the driver lucky to be alive. I struck a sizeable deer at 50mph driving
a VW Jetta on a highway in the mountains of southern British Columbia ten
years ago. The animal jumped out from the side of the roadway at night, hit
my front kerbside headlight, and caved in the front quarter of the car. The
sound of the impact was enormous and the deer was propelled about 25 feet
into the air. Fortunately the car's steering and braking survived. The
wrecker opined that had I struck the animal head on it would have ended up
through the windscreen on my lap inside the car and that the RCMP would have
been reporting another human motoring fatality.

jh