Re: [OM] plain OM4 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] plain OM4 questions
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
Moose wrote:
>My black Ti is so nice that it doesn't go out much, esp since
>the prices on really clean ones seem to have gone a bit crazy.

Am I missing something here?  I suppose it's possible to have SO
MANY cameras to specialize them.  This one is for abuse
situations, this one is for the studio only--but let's be very
careful to not get tripod marks on the bottom plate...

I used to be that way.  Maybe for a minute or two.  Then gave up
when I considered that I bought the equipment as a tool, not as
an investment.  Sure, there's always residual value, but my
cameras have earned me much more money while getting dinged than
what potential value gain there is in keeping it NIB.

Same with vehicles.  What good is it to have that fancy up-town
SUV if your idea of extreme off-roading is hitting the
rumble-strips on a highway?  My wife still hasn't told me where
that clay came from, but she wasn't bothered when we went
off-roading in her new JGC.  We had wheels off the ground and
everything...  (manditory SUV content)

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having a really clean OM-4Ti, and I'd
probably reserve the best spot in the bag for it.  But in my
book, everything has to earn it's keep.  No freeloaders allowed.
My kit is too small (however, it just grew a bit recently) to
even allow me choices between lenses of same length.  Unlike
some people, I don't have to lament between taking the F2 or the
F2.8 version on a trip.  ;)

I suppose I take kinda an Amish point of view when it comes to
the NIB cameras and F2 lenses:  You don't miss that which you've
never had.

AG-Schnozz