Re: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:57:47 -0400
This thread has stretched out to the point that I'm beginning to have trouble following it. JH made the good suggestion to check the camera and lens combo:

"Or remove film from camera, set camera to B. Set lens to f32, fire shutter and hold, look through open shutter to see if lens is really stopped down."

But, previously, Piers suggested checking just the lens first by removing the lens from the camera and checking for a stuck diaphragm by looking through the lens and pressing the DOF button.

It seems to me that Jason's response was: "... I'll check that out as soon as I finish the film that's in it at the weekend...". Perhaps this is where I'm confused. I don't understand why Jason appears to think that he's got to wait until the film is out in order to take the lens off and check the diaphragm.

Checking the lens separately according to Piers' suggestion could have been done already and in about 30 seconds. I don't know why Jason hasn't reported on the results.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA