[OM] OM-2 diaphragm linkage problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2 diaphragm linkage problem
From: Dave Carroll <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:07:09 -0400
Hi all,

I recently picked up a used Tamron Adaptall mount to use with my 500mm CAT
lens to save me the hassle of switching mounts with my 90mm macro and, while
testing it for the first time on Saturday, it became jammed on my OM-2.
While trying to remove the lens from the camera, the mount actually moved
beyond the 12 o'clock 'locked' position on the OM and this appears to have
damaged the diaphragm linkage. Once I got the lens removed, I tried mounting
various Zuiko's and the meter needle no longer registers any movement when
varying the aperture on any lens (in either auto or manual). Stop-down
metering, however, still works as expected.

Has anyone else encountered this before? This is my original OM-2n body and
I am quite attached to it and would like to know if it is economically
viable to get it fixed. Needless to say, the Adaptall mount that caused the
problem has been dumped, after sustaining irrepairable damage from contact
with the nearest brick wall!

Thanks,

Dave Carroll