[OM] Tamron 180mm f/2.5.

Subject: [OM] Tamron 180mm f/2.5.
From: "daniel" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:26:49 -1000
2nd try to get an answer:
Regarding my need to get my eyes ck. sorry, poor conclusion from you all
that rather say it's my eyes than the lens. Anyway after a few rolls of
film through the Tamron 180mm f/2.5. My conclusion is I need to remember
to rely on the focus sharpness first not the aperture stopping down to
insure sharpness. Zuiko 21 f/3.5 sharp with my eyes (using a 1-2 or 1-13
screen) Zuiko 50 f/1.4 sharp with my eyes (using a 1-2 or 1-13 screen)
Tamron 400 f/4 sharp with my eyes (using a 1-2 or 1-13 screen) Tamron
180mm f/2.5; not completely sharp no matter what distance, having to
rely on stopping down the aperture to get anything right.
No matter what focus screen either.
So it's back to KEH or Tamron for repair.
I do note the 180mm slides have a lack of tolerance to critical focusing
outside the main subject. Dan